Here are some tips on how to know if you have bed bugs. Bed bugs are small nocturnal creatures that feed on our blood. They are active during the night, so you can’t see them. You cannot feel the bite, but you will see the rash on your skin. These small red bumps are usually grouped together, on your neck, face or shoulders. The rash will probably be itchy, but you must not scratch the skin.
Bed Bug Rashes
● The bites on your skin are reliable indicators that you have bed bugs. Now, if you see the rash on your skin, here is what you have to do.
● Visit your dermatologist to make sure these really are bed bug bites.
● If you have been bitten by bed bugs, try not to scratch the skin. Scratching will lead to irritation, skin inflammation and possibly scars.
● Use some herbal remedies to relieve the itchiness.
● After a week or so, the rash will go away.
● As you can see, bed bug rash is not dangerous. Itchiness and irritation will stop after several days and the rash will disappear.
● If you store the old furniture in the house, you may have bed bugs. These bugs love dark and dusty places. They usually live in old closets, mattresses, beds, carpets and armchairs. They reproduce very fast and there can be hundreds of them. However, this problem can be dealt with.
● You can use chemicals made for bed bugs extermination. You can also clean the house using steam cleaner. Even if you don’t use these old pieces of furniture, you should clean these, too. Another thing you can do is store the old furniture outside the house.
● Bed bugs love wall cracks, because these places are perfect for hiding during the day. Fix your walls in time! Fixing the walls will certainly help you prevent other insects from getting into your house.
Keep the House Clean
● Cleaning the house frequently will help you prevent bed bugs. Pay attention to mattresses, closets, beds and armchairs.
● You can call professional cleaners to come every once in a while and clean the house using their chemicals. They are equipped with powerful stuff made for such purposes.
● You can buy some chemicals for bed bugs prevention. However, before you start using any of these products, you must read the label and see how safe it is. This is especially important if you have kids or pets.