In most cases, insecticides that are used for killing bedbugs rarely cause serious health problems. Even the most sensitive people rarely experience any complications. However, the death of a woman from North Carolina was probably related to the intensive use of pesticides. The woman was 65.
We still cannot provide any exact figures, but it seems that these pesticides are far more harmful than we are aware. New York City seems to have the highest percentage of such misfortunate cases. Another alarming fact is that more than 90 percent of all cases have taken place in family homes or private residences. In most cases, the pesticides were used by uncertified people – those who lived in these homes.
The chemicals that have been involved include pyrethrins and pyrethroids, both of which had been described as slightly irritating or slightly toxic. However, people who used these products failed to wash the beddings they tried to treat, or they simply used the pesticides excessively.
Most people do not report minor symptoms, but in the long run, such symptoms can get worse if the person remains exposed to these chemicals.
Now, after reading this, you will probably want to throw away all pesticides you have in the house. Sometimes, it is much better not to use any chemicals on your own. If you don’t know how to apply these products, you should go to the store and ask for some advice. If you still think you won’t be able to do the whole thing, perhaps you should just leave it. You can call professionals to come to your home and do this for you. That way, you will be safe. You will also be told what to do after the process is complete.
Another safe way to prevent bed bugs is to clean your house frequently. You can use a steam cleaner for your furniture and carpets.
Removing the old furniture from your home will be a wise thing to do. Bed bugs live in old closets, beds and armchairs. If you remove these, you will prevent bed bugs from invading the house.
Some people use chemicals to kill bed bugs, but this is not a good idea, especially if you don’t really know how to use them. If you have kids or pets, you should not use such chemicals in your home. Even the products that are considered safe can be very harmful if you use them improperly.